Filecabinet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filecabinet Forum

Go to exilecabi.net

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Control Panel

Your profile

Information

Preference

Signature

Social

Friends and Foes

Memberlist

Groups

Private messages

Inbox

PM sent

Other

Topic is being watched

Forum statistics

Latest topics
» LAST POST OWNS ALL!
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 1:15 am by jammin91

» If a guy called Ceehound joins then
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 am by ceehound619

» Dat OG Gangsta Returns....
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 8:39 pm by ceehound619

» Villa builders explore in Cochin
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:36 am by KIMBERT

» Villa builders explore in Cochin
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 am by KIMBERT

» More about Hemorrhoids
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm by Meyer

» How to Master the Tracks?
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:23 am by derfin

» Well, um, hey everybody.
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:51 pm by Rocker Kid

» Massages To Sooth The Tired Muscles
Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:53 am by JAMON

Share | 

Site suggestions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Monty
All of your Mudkip are belong to us!
Monty

Site suggestions. - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:12 pm

I think that the forum would present better if there was less variation between the various font sizes. In particular it doesn't make much sense that the control panel links are a larger size than the default post text, and the input post text is smaller still.

It'd make more sense if the control panel links were two points smaller, freeing up a bit of screen width for the posts.

Also -I'm sure someone else has raised this- the default colours are quite simply icky.

That said, a big thankyou to (I assume) Heero for setting this place up, and to the rest of the mods... who are they BTW? Very Happy

[edit]

One more suggestion: the preview and send buttons don't seem to highlight when tabbed onto- I think I just lost a post by inadvertently previewing it then browsing on, instead of posting it.

Likewise, a selected multi quote button is too similar to an unselected one.

Also, the insert image and insert link buttons don't return the focus to an active cursor in the edit post box after clicking OK.

Minimal mouse use FTW! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Monty wrote:
I think that the forum would present better if there was less variation between the various font sizes. In particular it doesn't make much sense that the control panel links are a larger size than the default post text, and the input post text is smaller still.

It'd make more sense if the control panel links were two points smaller, freeing up a bit of screen width for the posts.

Yeah I wish I could change that but the html in the Control Panel widget doesn't display font size which means I don't know how to change it. I can't even change the width because it has to be 180 pixels wide :/
So it's either this or no control panel. If people rather don't have a control panel I can remove it.

Monty wrote:

Also -I'm sure someone else has raised this- the default colours are quite simply icky.

That said, a big thankyou to (I assume) Heero for setting this place up, and to the rest of the mods... who are they BTW? Very Happy

Actually the default colors are ugly blue and white...I made it this way because this is nice on the eyes to read...For me and people who look via their mobile. We indeed had 1 or 2 person's complaining, but most of the people don't dislike it :/ so can't help you there. Unless you have suggestions the other people also like.

Monty wrote:

[edit]

One more suggestion: the preview and send buttons don't seem to highlight when tabbed onto- I think I just lost a post by inadvertently previewing it then browsing on, instead of posting it.

Can't help you there either...That's just the basic layout from forumotion and I don't think I can change that.

Monty wrote:

Also, the insert image and insert link buttons don't return the focus to an active cursor in the edit post box after clicking OK.

I might be able to change the multi-quote, because it's based on images you upload yourself...So if I can make the multi-quote darker or find new multi-quote buttons this could be helped.
Insert image and link buttons I have no idea because I never use them, I just use BB code.

But I'm going off in a few but I'll see what I can do when I get back Wink
Cheers for the feedback Monty.
Back to top Go down
JooX
Mudkipz leikz U!
JooX

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 pm

I'll make up the buttons for whatever you like. Just give me a list.
As for the rest... we cant post and read them in order. I say it's all good.

(remembers the old days of plain white backgrounds with flowing black text... young, ungrateful, punks)
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:27 pm

JooX wrote:
I'll make up the buttons for whatever you like. Just give me a list.
As for the rest... we cant post and read them in order. I say it's all good.

(remembers the old days of plain white backgrounds with flowing black text... young, ungrateful, punks)

Black with white text was nice...I like it when sites do that.

New multi-quote buttons Very Happy!
Go JooX, Go Joox!
Back to top Go down
JooX
Mudkipz leikz U!
JooX

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Just the Multi-quote buttons?
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:08 pm

JooX wrote:
Just the Multi-quote buttons?

Twisted Evil I like the other ones.
>_> Unless someone questions my taste again and then I'll call for with the JooX signal.
Back to top Go down
JooX
Mudkipz leikz U!
JooX

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:20 pm

Na na na na na na - JooX MAN!

You've got mail.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Monty

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Heero Valentine wrote:
Yeah I wish I could change that but the html in the Control Panel widget doesn't display font size which means I don't know how to change it. I can't even change the width because it has to be 180 pixels wide :/
So it's either this or no control panel. If people rather don't have a control panel I can remove it.

Well, bugger. But obviously leave the control panel in though.

Quote :
Actually the default colors are ugly blue and white...I made it this way because this is nice on the eyes to read...For me and people who look via their mobile. We indeed had 1 or 2 person's complaining, but most of the people don't dislike it :/ so can't help you there. Unless you have suggestions the other people also like.

Yah, don't know how white on darkish grey reads on a small backlit LCD likely being viewed in outdoors lighting, but it's acceptable as it is- not as big an issue as the others I mentioned all of which are, after all, relatively minor quibbles. Keep up the good work mate.

Quote :
Monty wrote:

[edit]

Can't help you there either...That's just the basic layout from forumotion and I don't think I can change that.

Monty wrote:

I might be able to change the multi-quote, because it's based on images you upload yourself...So if I can make the multi-quote darker or find new multi-quote buttons this could be helped.
Insert image and link buttons I have no idea because I never use them, I just use BB code.

But I'm going off in a few but I'll see what I can do when I get back Wink
Cheers for the feedback Monty.
No worries.

I don't have clue one about how all of this is actually done by admins, let alone coded in the first place, but it's not logical for the link or insert image buttons to function like this... kind of like as if Google's "I'm feeling lucky" button opened a new tab and left the focus on the search window...

Oh well, like I said before: Minor quibbles; meaning a few more clicks needed here and there. No big deal.
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:49 pm

The multi-quote thing is fixed now though, thanks to our very own JooX

And this is a temp set-up anyways...But of course we've to make it as comfortable as possible.
And I'm glad to hear the feedback.

We just have to use this limiting free forum software...
But when we have the Vbulletin we have more options.
We have Tilly who can help out with the tech stuff and our personal artist JooX for buttons, layout, etc...
Back to top Go down
freestyler_3
VIP
VIP
freestyler_3

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:21 am

You buying vbullentin?
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:31 am

freestyler_3 wrote:
You buying vbullentin?

No I'm getting it from Private Ale as a peace offering.
Seeing as he's going to upgrade to 4.0 anyways I could have his Vbulletin license.
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:44 am

Ow man I own...I made the control panel smaller.

And I made the forum darker...>_> Now I'll just wait untill JooX gives me a lashing for not changing the font color to white...
Back to top Go down
freestyler_3
VIP
VIP
freestyler_3

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:08 am

top menu...I liked it more when it was centered.
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:21 am

freestyler_3 wrote:

I didn't even notice it has gone to the left...>_> I keep changing shit without knowing it...
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 am

Heero Valentine wrote:
freestyler_3 wrote:

I didn't even notice it has gone to the left...>_> I keep changing shit without knowing it...

Hmm...It's just an easy changeable navbar in the headers & navigation part of the admin panel.
Not even I could fuck that up...>_> So I don't take the blame.

I take the blame for the large rectangle below the navbar...Dunno how it got there and dunno how to get it away :/.
Back to top Go down
freestyler_3
VIP
VIP
freestyler_3

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 am

I can make everything go away...

Site suggestions. - Page 4 6a01348134c1a0970c0133f039b1f3970b-800wi
Back to top Go down
Monty
Monty

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:51 am

Yep, the darker BG and smaller control panel are definitely improvements; multi quote buttons are good now.

Thanks Heero and Joox. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:18 pm

So do you want the gray text or should I make it white so it's easier to read?
Back to top Go down
MCMXCII
McRomanMcNumerals
MCMXCII

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Hey Heero, could you put back the squares around the quotes, as they now blend in with the message, making it hard to see where the quote ends and the message starts!! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Heero Valentine
Administrator
Administrator
Heero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:27 pm

MCMXCII wrote:
Hey Heero, could you put back the squares around the quotes, as they now blend in with the message, making it hard to see where the quote ends and the message starts!! Cheers.

Dude...There are still squares around the quotes...
Back to top Go down
MCMXCII
McRomanMcNumerals
MCMXCII

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Heero Valentine wrote:
MCMXCII wrote:

Dude...There are still squares around the quotes...

Can't see them!! Sad
Back to top Go down
freestyler_3
VIP
VIP
freestyler_3

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:06 am

something is wrong with you.
Back to top Go down
MCMXCII
McRomanMcNumerals
MCMXCII

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:21 am

freestyler_3 wrote:
something is wrong with you.

Shut it, fannybaws! Mad
Back to top Go down
Monty
Monty

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:48 am

Heero Valentine wrote:
So do you want the gray text or should I make it white so it's easier to read?
White please.

"My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent."

All of the smilies insert at the end of the inputted text, not where the cursor was positioned before clicking the smiley.
Back to top Go down
JooX
Mudkipz leikz U!
JooX

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:34 am

Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site suggestions. Site suggestions. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site suggestions.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filecabinet Forum :: Filecabinet & Community Help :: The Help Desk-